Solarus : a free and open-source Action-RPG game engine
Solarus works on multiple OSes : Windows, Mac OS X, Debian ...
Free and open-source
Solarus is free and open-source, under a GPL v3 license.
Solarus Quest Editor helps you create your maps, scripts, sprites and manage your project.
- Bugfix release 1.4.2 May 9, 2015
- Solarus 1.4 released, new quest editor! May 2, 2015
- Solarus 1.3 is out, now with a sprite editor! August 21, 2014
- English tutorial! August 3, 2014
- Bugfix release 1.2.1 August 3, 2014
- Custom entities May 15, 2014
- Solarus 1.2 is out! May 7, 2014
- New design for the development blog May 1, 2014
- Solarus 1.1.1 released, fixed wrong teletransportation December 1, 2013
- Android, Pandora and GCW-Zero ports! October 18, 2013
RT @LaGrosseBoucle: Il fait CHAUD sur la route du Tour !
Just made a recurring $10 donation to @lichessorg. Pure awesomeness constantly improving from feedback! They show that free software wins.
RT @molko74170: Bonne journée au Minitel puisque nous sommes le 30/06/15
@ChessNetwork What about "Watch out for h2!"
Games made with Solarus
Zelda Mystery Of Solarus DX
The Legend of Zelda: Mystery of Solarus DX is set to be a direct sequel to The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past on the SNES, using the same graphics and game mechanisms. This is the first game made with the Solarus engine and in fact, Solarus was primarily designed for this game.
Zelda Mystery Of Solarus XD
The Legend of Zelda: Mystery of Solarus XD is a parodic Zelda game that we released on April 1st, 2011. Though it’s a big April 1st joke, it’s a real, full game with two huge dungeons, 5-10 hours of playing, and lots of jokes and cultural references. Don't expect a regular and serious Zelda game !