Zelda Return of the Hylian Solarus Edition is a remake of the original Zelda Return of the Hylian, a short but pleasant fangame from Vincent Jouillat. The original game was developed in C++ and was released in 2009.
This new version is developed with the Solarus engine by Christopho, Mymy and Vincent Jouillat. While this is essentially the same game, a lot of details were improved thanks to the use of Solarus.
For users interested in creating games with Solarus, this project is also a great source of scripts. All items are scripted, including the hammer, the hookshot and the bow. There is also an elaborate dungeon room system using separators, with automatic restoration of enemies and pots.
The game is available in French, English, German and Spanish for now.
Authors: Christopho, Vincent Jouillat, Solarus Team
Release date: 13/08/2015
License: GNU GPL v3 (engine) - Copyright Nintendo (assets)
Languages: French, English, German, Spanish
Artworks and wallpapers
- F1 : help
- F11: full screen
- Esc : save
- SHIFT: run (you can even use Caps lock to always run)
- CTRL + Directional key : move camera
- Directional keys: Move Link and select options in the different subscreens.
- "P" key: open map
- Space bar: Action displayed in the icon (lift objects, activate switches, read, open doors and chests, skip dialogs when possible, etc.)
- "C" key: Swing your sword
- "D" key: Pause or resume the game. Use the left and right arrow keys to switch subscreens.
- "X" key: Use item.
- Zelda ROTH SE 1.0.8 for Debian/Ubuntu: get the repository with:
curl -s https://packagecloud.io/install/repositories/NateDevv/solarusDebs/script.deb.sh | sudo bash.
Then, you can install the package zelda-roth-se.
Or manually browse packages.
Thanks to Nathan for the Debian packages.
This package only contains the data files of the game Zelda: Return of the Hylian Solarus Edition. You need Solarus to run this game.
- Zelda ROTH SE 1.1.0 quest data (all systems) - Compatible with Solarus 1.5.x: archive
The source code is available on Github : https://github.com/christopho/zelda_roth_se
Thanks goes first to Vincent Jouillat for creating the original version of Return of the Hylian.
Zelda Return Of The Hylian Solarus Edition is free and open-source, but if you want to help us, you can donate via PayPal, BitCoin or Flattr. Your support is very appreciated.