Zelda Mystery of Solarus XD is a parodic game that we released on April 1st, 2011. Though it’s a big April 1st joke, it’s a real, full game with two huge dungeons and 5-10 hours of playing.
- Directional keys: Move Link and select options in the different subscreens.
- Space bar: Action displayed in the icon (lift objects, activate switches, read, open doors and chests, etc.)
- "C" key: Swing your sword; save your game when the game is paused; skip dialogs when possible.
- "D" key: Pause or resume the game. Use the left and right arrow keys to switch subscreens.
- "X" & "V" keys: Use items. In the game, set your items to the "X" and "V" icons to use them.
- F5: Switch the screen resolution.
Note: these commands can be customized and joypads are supported.
GCW-Zero is an open-source gaming console. Thanks to Shin-NiL for the GCW-Zero port.
Quick instructions to GCW-Zero users: install solarus.opk, copy the quest files anywhere you want, run the solarus engine, locate your data.solarus.zip file an run it.
Available in “Armageddon” overlay under the name “zsdx”.
layman -a Armageddon
On OpenBSD, the Solarus engine is separated from the games (ZSDX and ZSXD). You do not have to install the engine separately; if you install one of the games and you do not already have the Solarus engine, it will be installed for you.
The Solarus engine and games are available from the ports collection: games/solarus.
Big thanks to all people who helped us for the development of this project! If you want to make a version for another system or architecture, translate the game, or just report a problem, feel free to contact me.
Zelda Mystery of Solarus XD is free and open-source, but if you want to help us, you can donate via PayPal, BitCoin or Flattr. Your support is very appreciated.