A new version of Solarus and Solarus Quest Editor is available: version 1.4!
We have been working hard for the last few months to completely rewrite the quest editor. The new quest editor is now written in C++/Qt. It is faster, nicer and has a lot of new features!
- Dialogs editor!
- Strings editor!
- Quest properties editor!
- Options dialog!
- Ability to run the quest from the editor! (experimental)
- Multi-selection support in the tileset view!
- Improved quest tree!
- French translation!
And a lot more, see the full changelog below.
There might be some bugs we missed in the new editor since everything was rewritten from scratch. Please report any issue on the bug tracker.
There are not a lot of changes in the engine (mostly bug fixes). The only real change is that fonts are now a resource like maps, tilesets, musics, sprites, etc. Your scripts may need slight adjustements to follow this change. Nothing dangerous, don’t worry, but this is explained in the migration guide.
We hope you will enjoy the new quest editor! Check our tutorials if you want to learn how to create your own quest. We are also currently updating the website to reflect the new change and give up-to-date information and screenshots of the quest editor.
As always, our games ZSDX and ZSXD were also upgraded to give you up-to-date examples of games.
Here is the full changelog.
Changes in Solarus 1.4
- Solarus now compiles with C++11.
- Solarus can now be used as a library in other projects.
- Add a command-line flag -win-console=yes to see output on Windows (#550).
- Add unit tests.
- fonts.dat no longer exists. Fonts are a resource like others now (#611).
- Fonts are now in a “fonts” directory instead of “text”.
- Maps: shop treasures have a new property “font”.
Lua API changes that introduce incompatibilities:
- Text surfaces: the size must now be set at runtime instead of in fonts.dat.
- Text surfaces: the default font is now the first one in alphabetical order.
Lua API changes that do not introduce incompatibilities:
- sol.text_surface.create() now accepts a size parameter (default is 11).
- Add a function sol.main.get_os().
- Fix sprite:on_frame_changed() called twice on animation/direction change.
- Add mouse functions and events (experimental, more will come in Solarus 1.4).
- Add a method sprite:get_animation_set_id() (#552).
- Add a method sprite:has_animation() (#525).
- Add a method sprite:get_num_directions().
- Add a method hero:get_solid_ground_position() (#572).
- Add a method switch:get_sprite().
- Allow to customize the sprite and sound of switches (#553).
- Add a method enemy:get_treasure() (#501).
Changes in Solarus Quest Editor 1.4
- Solarus Quest Editor was rewritten and is now in a separate repository.
- Dialogs editor (by Maxs).
- Strings editor (by Maxs).
- Quest properties (quest.dat) editor (by Maxs).
- French translation.
- Add an options dialogs to configure various settings (by Maxs).
- Add a toolbar.
- The quest can now be run from the editor (experimental).
- New keyboard shortcuts.
- Map editor: multiple tiles from the tileset can now be added at once.
- Map editor: improved the resizing of multiple entities.
- Map editor: show information about the entity under the cursor.
- Map editor: multiple tiles can be converted to/from dynamic tiles at once.
- Map editor: tiles whose pattern is missing are no longer removed.
- Tileset editor: undo/redo support.
- Tileset editor: multi-selection support.
- Tileset editor: showing the grid is now supported.
- Sprite editor: undo/redo support.
- Sprite editor: showing the grid is now supported.
- Sprite lists now show icons representing each sprite.
- Code editor: add a find text feature.
- Quest tree: organize the view in columns (file name, description, type).
- Quest tree: show resources whose file is missing on the filesystem.
- Quest tree: show files that look like resources but are not declared yet.
- The quest tree now automatically refreshes after changes in the filesystem.
- Resource selectors now show a hierarchical view of elements.
- A file to open can now be passed on the command line.
- Show an appropriate icon in tabs.
- Show an asterisk in the tab of files that are changed.
- The editor has an icon now.
- Add a menu item to open the official Solarus website.
- Add a menu item to open Solarus documentation.
- Fix encoding of non-ascii characters in project_db.dat with Windows.
- Fix Ctrl+S shortcut not always working.
- Fix entities restored to the front when undoing removing entities.
- Fix entities restored to the front when undoing changing their layer.
- Fix separators resizing that could allow illegal sizes.
- Fix jumpers size reset after undoing changing their direction.
- Fix walls being initially traversable by everything when they are created.
These improvements involve changes that introduce a slight incompatibility in the Lua API regarding fonts. Make a backup, and then see the migration guide on the wiki to know how to upgrade.
Changes in Zelda Mystery of Solarus DX 1.10
- Fix a minor tile issue in dungeon 8 entrance.
- Fix the feather dialog that could be skipped in some languages.
- Fix empty line in English dialog describing a bottle with water.
- Fix empty buttons in savegame menu when changing language (#90).
- Fix translation errors of two items in German (#98).
- Dungeon 5: fix a missing door on the minimap (#99).
- Dungeon 9: don’t allow to skip the boss hint dialog (#93).
Changes in Zelda Mystery of Solarus XD 1.10
- Fix fairy only restoring 1/4 heart in cursed cave (#40).